Rise & Shine – Earn the Spotlight with Media Insight
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
Date: Friday, June 3, 2022
Time: 8:30-9 a.m. registration, breakfast and networking; program 9-11:30 a.m.
Location: Shangri-La Springs 27750 Old 41 Rd, Bonita Springs, FL 34135
Registration cost: $45 members (FPRA & PRSA Members), $60 future members, $25 students. Registration includes breakfast.
The annual Media Breakfast event brings local media representatives, past and present, center stage for informative conversations, insightful presentations and an insider’s look at the ever-evolving media industry.
For the second year in a row, this event will be co-hosted by the Southwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association and the Gulf Coast Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America.
This year’s event, “Rise & Shine – Earn the Spotlight with Media Insight,” will offer a series of segments that cover media relations from every angle so attendees will leave ready to capture the media’s attention.
Open to the public, Media Breakfast provides seasoned and young professionals, business owners, and anyone who’s looking to strengthen their media relations efforts, an opportunity to mingle with the media and ask the questions everyone wants to know about earning coverage.
Who should attend:
- PR professionals looking to grow their relationships with some of Southwest Florida’s premiere media members
- Anyone looking to learn how to leverage earned media as part of PR and marketing strategy
- PR professionals of any experience level who want to fine-tune the skills needed to successfully build relationships with the media
- Judd Cribbs, Journalism Professor at Florida Gulf Coast University
- Katie Cribbs, Public Relations Specialist at Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties
- Devin Turk, Creative Services Manager at Lee Health
- Darrel Lieze-Adams, Vice President and Station Manager at Waterman Broadcasting of Florida
- Wendy Fullerton Powell, Executive Editor at Naples Daily News
- John Davis, Assistant News Director, Gulf Coast Live Arts Edition Host, Producer and Reporter at WGCU Public Media
- Jacob Ogles, Editor at Southwest Florida Business Today
- Eric Strachan, Editor at Naples Florida Weekly
- Jim Schwartzel, Owner and Publisher at Wink News, Gulfshore Business and Gulfshore Life
If you are a Public Relations or Communications Professional who owns their own firm or works for a local business in South Florida, you’ve come to the right place! The Gulf Coast Chapter of the PRSA is dedicated to providing you with educational opportunities for personal and professional growth achievement.
Who are we?
The PRSA is a community of more than 21,000 public relations and communications professionals across the United States, from recent college graduates to the leaders of the world’s largest multinational firms. Our members represent nearly every practice area and professional and academic setting within the public relations field. In addition, there are more than 10,000 students who are members of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) at colleges and universitieshere and abroad.
Want to accelerate your career? PRSA can help.
- Networking. We offer you the opportunity to get to know other business professionals within your industry.
- Professional Recognition. Through the Silver Anvil program, professionals in the public relations industry are recognized for their accomplishments within the profession.
- Learning. Each month, the Gulf Coast Chapter of the PRSA holds a “Lunch ‘n Learn” at the Naples Hilton where members, non-members, students and non-profits can get together to learn more about a variety of topics. Everything from disaster preparedness, crisis plans to social media is covered.
- Intelligence. The PRSA’s award-winning periodicals, daily news updates and blogs help you stay on top of emerging trends and industry news. You can visit the PRSA National Website for additional resources.
- PRSA Jobcenter. When PR and Communications related jobs come available within the area, you can visit this website and view PR job postings within Southwest Florida.
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES:
On behalf of the Gulf Coast Chapter of the PRSA, we would like to invite you to subscribe to our eNewsletter correspondence. We’ll notify you of upcoming events and keep you abreast of the latest information, tools and resources in the public relations industry.
Please view our upcoming PRSA events page to find out more about our next event!
For information on how to JOIN the Gulf Coast PRSA, please contact the Gulf Coast Chapter Membership Chair Courtney Jolly at firstname.lastname@example.org