What to Say and more importantly
Not to Say When Speaking to the Media
Chad Oliver, Collier County Public School Executive Director, Communications & Community Engagement and former NBC-2 Anchor, walks us through managing media requests and getting your message out. He’ll cover when to go all in and put yourself, your CEO, or other colleagues on-camera, producing coverage and prepping for interviews. Bring your boss or anyone who is or aspires to speak on behalf of your organization.
February 22, 2022
Networking 11:30 am
Program 12:00-1:00 pm
Hilton Naples, 5111 Tamiami Trail N, Naples, FL 34103
If you are a Public Relations or Communications Professional who owns their own firm or works for a local business in South Florida, you’ve come to the right place! The Gulf Coast Chapter of the PRSA is dedicated to providing you with educational opportunities for personal and professional growth achievement.
Who are we?
The PRSA is a community of more than 21,000 public relations and communications professionals across the United States, from recent college graduates to the leaders of the world’s largest multinational firms. Our members represent nearly every practice area and professional and academic setting within the public relations field. In addition, there are more than 10,000 students who are members of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) at colleges and universitieshere and abroad.
Want to accelerate your career? PRSA can help.
- Networking. We offer you the opportunity to get to know other business professionals within your industry.
- Professional Recognition. Through the Silver Anvil program, professionals in the public relations industry are recognized for their accomplishments within the profession.
- Learning. Each month, the Gulf Coast Chapter of the PRSA holds a “Lunch ‘n Learn” at the Naples Hilton where members, non-members, students and non-profits can get together to learn more about a variety of topics. Everything from disaster preparedness, crisis plans to social media is covered.
- Intelligence. The PRSA’s award-winning periodicals, daily news updates and blogs help you stay on top of emerging trends and industry news. You can visit the PRSA National Website for additional resources.
- PRSA Jobcenter. When PR and Communications related jobs come available within the area, you can visit this website and view PR job postings within Southwest Florida.
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES:
On behalf of the Gulf Coast Chapter of the PRSA, we would like to invite you to subscribe to our eNewsletter correspondence. We’ll notify you of upcoming events and keep you abreast of the latest information, tools and resources in the public relations industry.
Please view our upcoming PRSA events page to find out more about our next event!
For information on how to JOIN the Gulf Coast PRSA, please contact the Gulf Coast Chapter Membership Chair Courtney Jolly at firstname.lastname@example.org