Job Description: Communications Coordinator
General responsibilities under the direction of the Communications Manager, the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for implementing the deliverable calendar for the department, ensuring that messaging and brand are consistent throughout all communications for the Bonita Springs Area Chamber of Commerce (BSACOC), the BSACOC Foundation, the BSACOC Young Professionals, the Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council and The Speakers Assembly of Southwest Florida.
Sampling of Duties (All Brands):
- Development of Member Communications: Weekly and Monthly
- Development of Digital Newsletters
- Schedule & Facilitate Ribbon Cuttings
- Written Press Communications
- Monthly & Special Event Flier Creation
- Website Updates Including Press Rooms, Job Bank, Page Content, Resources
- Blog Management Including Content Production and Collection of Member Articles
- Social Media Implementation
- Event Photo Management
- Welcome Bag Brochure Management
- Communications Report Data Collection and Updates, Press Clippings
- Year End Sponsorship Reports for Investors
- Survey Development & Distribution
- Special Event Video/PowerPoint Creation
- Two years of experience in communications, public relations and/or publishing.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in communications or marketing.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, CRM database background and website editing applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism.
- Exemplary time management skills, high level of motivation, and self-starter skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to handle projects that require critical thinking.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
Send cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Christine@BonitaSpringsChamber.com
About the Chamber
The Five-Star nationally accredited Bonita Springs Area Chamber of Commerce strives to serve members, promote an environment where business can grow and prosper and enhance the quality of life of the Bonita Springs area.
We are a primary resource for local residents, visitors, newcomers, business owners and those considering relocation to this beautiful area! We serve the Southwest Florida region in both Lee and Collier County representing business members doing business in Southwest Florida. We have been honored by receiving the prestigious Five-Star Accreditation status! This means we have met the highest benchmarks set by the United States Chamber of Commerce. Only 77 chambers across the entire United States, a total of nearly 7,000 chambers, have attained a five-star level of operation. Statistically, we are in the top 1% of all Chambers in the United States!
Click here to view the national criteria that must be met to achieve five-star accreditation. With an energetic and dedicated staff, we live by our mission to serve our members, promote an environment where business can grow and prosper, and enhance the quality of life of the Bonita Springs area.
Our leadership is comprised of an exceptionally strong Board of Directors, which represent a wide spectrum of businesses in our community. New members are offered a broad range of opportunities to get involved in our chamber, including:
- More than 120 Networking Events per year to encourage face-to-face relationship building
- Year-Round professional development and leadership opportunities
- President’s Club networking for Senior Executives
- Regional political and legislative advocacy efforts
- Business exposure through sponsorship opportunities in the Visitors Center, on the website, and at events