Chapter Impact Campaign
- PRSA is kicking off its Chapter Impact Campaign this month, to support students of diverse backgrounds in their pursuit of careers in public relations and communications. By working together, PRSA, Chapters and the PRSA Foundation can make a significant impact on our profession by providing education and career opportunities to deserving students and building a diverse workforce.
- PRSA is asking Chapters to share PRSA Foundation information and find creative ways to help support fundraising activities that benefit the PRSA Foundation.
- A campaign toolkit for chapters, with background information and suggestions for different ways to participate, has been posted in the MyPRSA Chapter Leadership Community. Contact Beth-Ellen Keyes, the Foundation’s director of operations and programs, with questions.
- Participating Chapters will receive a digital badge for their websites acknowledging their commitment to diversity and student support through their donation to the PRSA Foundation.
- WELCOMEBACK18—waives the $35 reinstatement fee for anyone rejoining PRSA (more than six months of not being a member) at the $200 or $255 membership levels only. Valid through December 31, 2018.
- JOINPRSA18—waives the $65 initiation fee for new members joining PRSA at the $200 or $255 membership levels only. Valid through December 31, 2018.
- CHAPTERS18—provides a free chapter membership (up to $100) for new members joining at the $200 or $255 membership levels only. Valid March 1 – April 30, 2018. Please do not post the promo code or the graphics until March 1, as the code is not live until that date.
- NEW! – Social media toolkit for CHAPTERS18 has been posted to a new community – Resources for PRSA Chapter Social Media Managers. Please encourage your social media volunteers to join this community.
Virtual Career Fair Coming Up
- PRSA is hosting its second annual Virtual Career Fair April 18 from 1-4 p.m. ET.
- Please share this with anyone you may know who would be interested in either attending as a jobseeker or exhibiting as a hiring employer.
- More information at this link, or contact John Kesaris, PRSA’s corporate development and industry partnerships coordinator.
Chapter Event Promotional Opportunity
- Let colleagues know what’s happening in your region and show prospective members that our chapters offer relevant activities for learning and connecting with other communication professionals. PRSA lists chapter events on prsa.org/learn under Chapter Events and also in the monthly “What’s Happening” email to all members.
- Use this link to submit events, at least two months in advance.
Please let me know if I can help you with anything. And, contact PRSA Sr. VP of Membership Jay Starr at 212.460.0306 or email@example.com if you have questions about PRSA membership activities.