This month, the Gulf Coast Chapter PRSA Board prepares to distribute a quick online survey to gather insights from members and future members, you are also welcome to share your suggestions about what this chapter can do for you, for your career and professional development. Feel free to contact me by phone or email: 414.861.3077, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, I’m planning two informal opportunities to network and to talk about you and PRSA: “Coffee and Conversation” and “Wine and Wisdom.” Plan to join me and other PRSA colleagues. An RSVP is not required, but helpful in planning for an adequate number of chairs. Even if you don’t have specific things you feel compelled to share, please join me for networking/social time. RSVP at Julie.email@example.com or 239.263.2223.
Coffee and Conversation:
8 a.m. Thursday, March 14, at Lulu B’s Diner, Marketplace at Pelican Bay, 8795 Tamiami Trl N.
Lulu B’s has GREAT pancakes, as well as biscuits and gravy, if you are a breakfast person!
Wine and Wisdom:
5 p.m. Thursday, March 14, at Nicklaus Children’s Resource Center, 659 5th Avenue South.
Complimentary wine and snacks will be provided.
Parking available on street or in parking structure at 4th Avenue South and 8th Street.
Bonus: Evenings on 5th runs from 6 – 9 p.m. with music on 5th Avenue; retail shops open, restaurant specials
In addition, we will schedule several informal roundtable gatherings with specific topics throughout the year. Let us know which of these ideas you like, whether you are willing to host at your company or organization or if you have other thoughts. Thanks to Courtney Jolly Goff, director of Marketing and Public Relations at the Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens for her creative ideas below. Courtney is also this year’s Gulf Coast Chapter PRSA membership chair.
- “In-house design team tips”
- “Monitoring your media coverage/media tracking services” (Courtney is happy to share her successes)
- “Marketing on a Shoe-String Budget”
- “Being prepared for negative news”
- “Market Research – why and how to”
- “Trust, Truth and Transparency – how a successful communications relationship can shape your strategy”
- “Brand Stories and the importance of branding”
- “Earned, owned and paid media”
- “Best of marketing” – a few top professionals in the market share their best campaigns
- “Opportunities missed/lessons learned in marketing/PR”
- “The importance of a brand guide and best practices to create one”
This will be a year for additions in programs and networking events in the Gulf Coast Chapter. Please help us plan a few you would find valuable.
Julie Pedretti, APR
President, 2019 Gulf Coast Chapter PRSA