Job Title: Director of Communication and Marketing
Company: St. Matthew’s House
The Director of Communication and Marketing provides leadership to the St. Matthew’s House (SMH) marketing team. This position reports to the Vice President of Development and works in close collaboration with the President and CEO. He/she is responsible for all SMH marketing, communications, public relations and brand(s) management. This work involves communications to a diverse array of constituent groups including leadership, staff, board members, vendors, customers, program participants, and the broader Southwest Florida communities where SMH operates. He/she is also responsible for helping to successfully execute all St. Matthew’s House fundraising and community awareness events. St. Matthew’s House is a faith based 501(c)(3) charitable organization that exists to transform lives in a spiritual environment that is both compassionate and disciplined.
- Vision: Provide leadership to SMH Marketing Team by developing a strategic vision for all SMH marketing and communications.
- Coaching: Provide personalized coaching to marketing staff.
- Collaboration: Effectively communicate and collaborate with a range of marketing and communications vendors with whom SMH has engaged for various projects.
- Project Management: Meticulously manage a long list of projects as they advance toward deadlines.
- Campaign execution: Develop and implement multiple direct mail and e-philanthropy campaigns.
- Community Relations: Manage all external messaging, ensuring all branding and communications efforts are aligned with the SMH strategic and annual plan and meet organizational standards.
- Copyediting/Design: Oversee the designing, writing editing, and distribution of all print and electronic materials including all donor and public communications such as newsletters, brochures, annual report, direct mail pieces, sponsor packets, e-mail alerts, and updates to the website.
- Social Media: Provide oversight to all social media communications.
- Website: Update and maintain the SMH website.
- Public Relations: In collaboration of SMH leadership, develop and maintain relationships with the media, maintain media contact database, and occasionally draft press releases as needed.
- Evaluation: Track and measure the effectiveness of all communications activities, employing analytics and other tools as appropriate.
- Communications: Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills; proven presentation abilities.
- Negotiation: Ability to mediate and negotiate with diverse constituent groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex institution.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Creative, entrepreneurial spirit a huge plus.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or similar program preferred.
Experience: Demonstrated success in managing a communications and marketing program to expand brand recognition and public awareness. Effectiveness in media interaction; knowledge of public relations and communications principles. Superior verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Highly organized and detail-oriented with a collaborative work style.
Travel Demands: Flexibility in work hours; this position requires some evening work and travel.
Confidentiality: Works with confidential information.
Mental/Visual Demands: Flow of work requires normal mental and visual capabilities.
Physical Demand: Relatively little physical effort is required, however, must be able to move about the facility and possess the manual dexterity required to operate the computer and other business equipment.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment