This is position is responsible for the complete marketing and public relations duties for the organization.
Job Specifications (Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required):
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis in communications, marketing, sales or business.
Education/Training (or equivalent):
Four-year degree mandatory.
Minimum five year’s experience in communications, emerging media, graphic design, publishing and/or marketing preferred.
Advanced computer skills regarding web-site development, graphic design, social media and technology integration.
Special Administrative Knowledge:
Database management, excellent writing and computer skills.
Special Skills and Abilities:
Excellent follow through, time management and excellent customer service.
Development of brand awareness and online reputation through website, social media and other online sources.
Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, website editing, Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word.
Proven ability to handle projects that require critical thinking, public relations management and media relations.
Strong writing, editing, proofreading and organizational skills.
Excellent problem-solving techniques and research abilities.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, website development, graphic design and HTML experience.
Deliberate planning and goal setting.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, executives and members.
Must possess exemplary time management skills, have a high level of motivation and be a self-starter.
Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
General Responsibilities under the direction of the President and CEO, the Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for ensuring that messaging and brand are consistent throughout all communications for the Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce, the Leadership Collier Foundation and the Partnership for Collier’s Future Economy. Responsibilities will include developing and implementing an annual communications and marketing plan to support the key objectives for all Chamber entities.
The position will also be responsible for:
• Plans, develops and manages internal and external communications activities for the Chamber and is responsible for the implementation of all communications necessary to support all Chamber activities.
• Production of monthly, online newsletter including article creation and editing.
• Draft and distribute all email and print communications including but not limited to weekly e-newsletter, member spotlights and membership marketing materials.
• Draft and distribute all news releases.
• Website management.
• Coordinate and implement all media relations, social media and photography needs.
• Create and distribute all invitations, flyers, advertisements, etc. including graphic design and copy writing.
• Provide marketing, communications and graphic design support to all other departments.
• Manage all advertising trades and contracts.
• Provide editorial support to all staff members.
Staff Chamber functions as needed.
All other duties as assigned by supervisory staff.