LUNCH N LEARN – THIS MONTH
Building and Maintaining Your Corporate Reputation
This month’s featured speaker will be Paul Dickard, Vice President of Corporate Communication for Herc Rentals. Paul will discuss Corporate Public Relations: Building and Maintaining Your Reputation.
Paul is a senior corporate communications leader with diverse internal and external communications experience. Paul is skilled in leading staff and teams, managing large and complex communications projects, working in and across global, matrixed organizations, and achieving results that advance strategic agendas. His career has included leading and managing programs encompassing all major communications disciplines, as well as involvement with diverse industrial, commercial and professional services businesses.
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
11:30 Social; 11:50 Luncheon
Naples Hilton, 5111 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34103
Cost: $30 for PRSA, $38 Non-Members, $25 Students
To Register – CLICK HERE
Reservations must be made by Friday, Sept. 22.
*No-shows will be billed if no prior notice given and only checks accepted at the door. NOTE: To guarantee seating and meal, reserve online and pay through PayPal by FRIDAY, Sept. 22. No cash is accepted at the door. Checks are accepted and must be provided at the time of the featured event. No shows will be billed if no prior notice given.
In September, PRSA members throughout the country will celebrate Ethics Month with the theme: “Ethics, Strengthening Our Core.” As your Ethics Chair for PRSA Gulf Coast, I wanted to share the host of Ethics Month activities and resources available to you:
- CLICK HERE to read the PRSA Tactics Article by Jim Lukaszewski–“How to Be a Truly Trusted Strategic Ethics Advisor.” As you may recall, Jim spoke at one of our PRSA Gulf Coast meetings recently.
- Ethics Webinars (visit prsa.org ):
– 3-4 p.m. EDT, Sept. 14: Incorporating ethics in the public relations classroom: Tips, tools and resources for communications educators – Drs. Carolyn Kim, Lucinda Austin and Dean Mundy, and Dr. Denise Bortree, Arthur W. Page Center. Free for members-Register now! Available on-demand: 9/21 REGISTER HERE http://apps.prsa.org/Learning/Calendar/register/8844
– 3-4 p.m. EDT, Sept. 19: The Ethical Expectations of Leadership: Jim Lukazewaski, Dr. Juan Meng, University of Georgia, Nance Larsen
REGISTER HERE http://apps.prsa.org/Learning/Calendar/display/8845/The_Ethical_Expectations_Of_Leadership#.WZNaFVGGM2x
Free for members – Register now! Available on-demand: 9/26
- Twitter Chats: #PREthics
– 8:30 p.m. EDT, Sept. 12: Strategies for revealing and disclosing mistakes and bad news -Kirk Hazlett, Associate Professor Curry College and Rachael Gass, Director for the Ethics & Compliance Institute formerly (Ethics Officer Association).
– 4 p.m. EDT, 25: Truth in Communications – PRSA/SPJ with Andrew M. Seaman (Journalist Reuters) , Lauren Bartlett, SPJ member (Director of Communications) and Travis Phelps, WSDOT (Washington State Department of Transportation)
– Blogs: Posts throughout the month
– Research: New materials for the classroom through the educators’ academy
- Ethics Sessions at the PRSA International Conference, “Your Society at Work: Board of Ethics & Professional Standards”
— Sunday, Oct. 8, 11 a.m. – Noon, “Developing a Personal Crisis Preparedness Plan,”
– Tuesday, Oct. 10, 8-9 a.m. , “How to Speak Up and Keep Your Job,”
– Tuesday, Oct. 10, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – this one will be the results of BEPS’ study with the PRSA College of Fellows
Register here for the national conference: http://apps-prssa.prsa.org/events/Conference/index.html
Donna C. Heiser, APR, CFRE
PRSA Gulf Coast Ethics Chair
Chief Advancement & External Affairs Officer
Ave Maria School of Law
Current Best Practices and Practical Ideas for Your Clients, Businesses and Organizations
In partnership with the Naples Press Club and the Association of Fundraising Professionals
NPC and AFP members may register at the PRSA member rate of $30.00
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Location: Naples Hilton
11:30 a.m. Registration and networking
11:55 a.m. Welcome: Pam Fultz, President, Gulf Coast Chapter of PRSA
Sponsor Remarks: Bill Barker, President, Naples Daily News
Introduction of Panelists (see below)
1:10 p.m. Adjourn
$30 PRSA Members
*No shows will be billed if no prior notice given and only checks accepted at the door. NOTE: To guarantee seating and meal, reserve online and pay through PayPal by FRIDAY, August 18, 2017. No cash is accepted at the door. Checks are accepted and must be provided at the time of the luncheon. No shows will be billed if no prior notice given. Thank you.
Social Media Experts/Panelists
Meo will also address methods to engage with audience members, utilizing media across all platforms, including television, online, mobile and emerging.
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Naples Hilton, 5111 Tamiami Trail North, Naples
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Networking
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch and Presentation
$27 PRSA Members
*No shows will be billed if no prior notice given and only checks accepted at the door. NOTE: To guarantee seating and meal, reserve online and pay through PayPal by FRIDAY, June 23, 2017. No cash is accepted at the door. Checks are accepted and must be provided at the time of the luncheon. No shows will be billed if no prior notice given. Thank you.
Presentation Material Below:
Company Name: Soukup Strategic Solutions, Inc.
Company Web Site: http://www.SoukupStrategicSolutions.com
About Our Organization: The mission of Soukup Strategic Solutions is to provide nonprofit organizations with practical support and strategies that will help them succeed in fulfilling their missions.
Job Location: Work will be performed primarily at the Company office. Meetings will be required at client offices and other locations throughout the Southwest Florida community. Some travel outside of Southwest Florida is required.
Time Commitment: This is a full-time position of 40-hours per week. Some evening and weekend hours will be required to fulfill client needs.
Salary Range: $35,000 – $50,000 per year
Purpose: Responsible for planning, developing and coordinating the Company’s communication, marketing and public relations activities. Manage communication, marketing and public relations projects for clients.
Online Marketing and Communication
- Assist Company and clients in establishing and growing a following on their social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Google+
- Research content, share images and write posts for Company and clients on their social media accounts
- Set goals for increasing social media presence for Company and clients; track and report progress using analytics
- Establish and manage CRM system for Company and / donor management systems for clients
- Develop and manage targeted e-marketing lists for Company and clients
- Design e-marketing templates for Company and clients
- Sync online marketing programs with contact management systems for Company and clients
- Design and disseminate online marketing and communication materials for Company and clients (to specifically include researching content, creating ads and writing stories for e-newsletters, blogs, etc.)
- Track and report response to online marketing methods
- Manage website content for Company and clients, and ensure integration with CRM, social media other online marketing methods
- Work with website developer to create new websites
- Track and report website interactions using analytics
- Other duties in support of online marketing and communications
- Prepare press releases for Company and clients and submit to supervisor for approval
- Distribute approved press releases to media contacts
- Manage the production and distribution of advertisements and PSA’s (for print, radio and television) for Company and clients
- Update media contact lists for Company and clients
- Follow up with media contacts by phone and email
- Coordinate with other public relations, marketing and graphic design professionals on behalf of Company and clients
- Other duties in support of media relations
Graphic Design and Publication Production
- Prepare brochures, programs, banners and other materials as needed using
Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Create and edit graphics as needed for use on websites, eNewsletters, PowerPoints, etc.
- Lead and coordinate projects with other graphic design professionals and graphic design intern
- Assist the President in fine-tuning the Company’s brand
- Assist clients in developing their unique brands
- Promote brand recognition through development and distribution of collateral materials for Company and clients
- Coordinate with other marketing and graphic design professionals on behalf of Company and clients
- Other duties in support of branding
Event Planning and Support
- Coordinate venue, menus, presenters, AV setup and other event logistics
- Create Programs/Save the Dates, Sponsor packets and epromotions
- Assist with guest lists, seating charts, and name tags
- Assist with day of event set-up, registration process, and other support as needed
- Ensure event follow up occurs, taking the lead in issuing thank you letters, emails, phone calls and selection and publication of event photos
- Meet with supervisor
- Communicate with clients, vendors and Company employees by phone, email and in person
- Research information for use in communications
- Prepare reports on work activities and progress toward company objectives
- Keep track of and report time on Company timesheet
- Collaborate with other Company employees and interns
- Participate in professional associations in marketing, communication, and/or public relations
- Stay informed on the latest developments within the marketing, communication, and public relations fields
- Other general duties in support of the Company’s marketing and communication strategies
- Requires remaining stationary for periods of up to four hours
- Requires telephone conversations
- Requires interfacing with a computer
- Requires use of electronic mail
- Requires writing letters, memos, articles and reports
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
- Requires work with others in a group or team
- Requires work with external customers or the public
- Requires being exact or highly accurate
- Mistakes are not easily correctable and have serious consequences
- Requires meeting strict deadlines
- Opportunity to make decisions without supervision
- Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company
- Includes traveling to various locations on and off campus
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required (degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism preferred)
- Experience in marketing, graphic design/publication layout, nonprofit or corporate communications and public relations required (at least three years)
Specific Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Customer service
- English language and grammar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Power Point
- Online marketing, including use of email marketing and CRM’s
- Website content management
- Social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+; use of automation technology and analytics
Specific Knowledge / Skills Preferred:
- Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator
- MS Office: Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Constant Contact
- WordPress, HTML
- Knowledge and skills to implement all aspects of PESO model
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, graphic and writing samples, and three references to email@example.com
Our sister organization in Ft. Myers will be hosting their annual Media Breakfast.
This year’s theme, “The 2017 Playbook: Media Relations in an Evolving Market” will bring together media experts from across platforms to discuss how the media market has been impacted by politics, the economy, technology, demographics and more.
Join your fellow professionals for a morning of networking and insight with some of SWFL’s most influential newspeople – and this year, get one-on-one “speed dating” opportunities with our panelists too!
The Media Breakfast will also include networking opportunities and prizes including local media advertising valued in the thousands.
This month we welcome back Stephen Dupont, vice president of public relations and branded content with Minneapolis firm Pocket Hercules. Stephen returns to explain why marketing and communications professionals need to re-connect with their customers (and other stakeholders such as employees, vendors or investors) through real conversations. Based on his recent cover story for Chief Content Officer magazine, Dupont will offer practical tips on how to reinvigorate stale content marketing programs with real conversations and add the type of context that can make your content more relevant, authentic — and worth sharing.
About Stephen Dupont: Stephen Dupont, APR, is VP of Public Relations and Branded Content for Pocket Hercules (www.pockethercules.com), a brand marketing firm based in Minneapolis. He has more than 25 years experience in public relations, marketing and branding. He is a frequent contributor to PRSA’s The Strategist and Public Relations Tactics publications, and writers about marketing, content and branding on his blog, stephendupont.co. His work has been honored with three Silver Anvils, and he has served as president of the Minnesota chapter of PRSA.
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Naples Hilton, 5111 Tamiami Trail North, Naples
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Networking
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch and Presentation
$27 PRSA Members
*No shows will be billed if no prior notice given and only checks accepted at the door. NOTE: To guarantee seating and meal, reserve online and pay through PayPal by FRIDAY, May 19, 2017. No cash is accepted at the door. Checks are accepted and must be provided at the time of the luncheon. No shows will be billed if no prior notice given. Thank you.
Sarah Owen discussed Crisis Communications and how the Southwest Florida Community Foundation worked with local partners, municipalities and victims’ families to assist in the aftermath of the Club Blu shooting in Fort Myers.
One of Southwest Florida’s top attractions is seeking an experienced marketing director for its family of waterfront businesses collectively known as Salty Sam’s Waterfront Adventures. Individually they are Parrot Key Caribbean Grill, Bootleggers Waterfront Barbeque, Salty Sam’s Marina, Sight Sea-R Cruises and the Salty Sam’s Pirate Ship. Because of the various businesses, the position is both challenging and refreshing in its variety of annual promotions and events supported by an aggressive marketing budget.
“Every day at Salty Sam’s is an exciting new adventure,” says Matt Hanson. “We are always working on a new project, promotion, event, or ad. From promoting our restaurants to putting events together on the Pirate Ship. The job is challenging, intellectually stimulating, and always a lot of fun.”
Salty Sam’s would like to find a highly motivated marketing professional who has proven experience in advertising, social media, promotions, and event marketing. Duties include advertising placement, social media management, ad and coupon tracking, creative direction and event/promotions management. The position will work closely with owners, management teams, and media reps and ideally the individual will have a working knowledge of social media, Microsoft Office Suite, and design software.
“As far as marketing jobs go in Southwest Florida, this is one of the best,” says Pason Gaddis, Publisher of Florida Weekly and a Salty Sam’s customer. “Salty Sam’s is a unique family owned, family friendly company that embodies the coastal attractions that draws thousands of people to our area every year.”
About Salty Sam’s Waterfront Adventures: Perched on the water’s edge of a thriving wildlife aquatic preserve, the world famous Salty Sam’s Waterfront Adventures is a water-bound recreation destination for all ages. Offering everything including power boat and kayak rentals, fishing and sightseeing charters, unique gifts and souvenirs, the Salty Sam’s Pirate Ship, the Parrot Key Caribbean Grill – voted Best Waterfront Restaurant since 2005, Bootleggers Waterfront Barbeque, and the nearby Key West Express ferry. Salty Sam’s is also a full service marina with boat service, repairs, and storage. To start your waterfront adventure, call 1-888-796-6427 or visit www.SaltySams.com for more information.
Interested candidates can send a resume in MsWord or PDF format to Matt@SaltySams.com demonstrating creativity and relevant experience. Additional examples, campaigns, promotions, portfolio samples, etc. are welcome to be included as well. Pay based upon experience. EOE/DFWP.