Job Description: Marketing and Events Coordinator
General responsibilities under the direction of the Director of Special Projects, the Marketing and Events Coordinator will be responsible for managing the deliverable calendar for the department, ensuring that messaging and brand are consistent throughout all communications for the Bonita Springs Area Chamber of Commerce, the Bonita Springs Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation and the Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council. Responsibilities will include assisting with the development and implementation of an annual communications and marketing plan to support the key objectives for the Chamber (including retaining current members, increasing program attendance and recruiting new members) and EDC (including increasing new business development, growing local businesses and targeted industry sectors and attracting innovative companies to the region).
Sampling of Duties:
- Monthly & Special Event Flier Creation
- Post Member Press Releases on Websites
- Website Updates for Chamber, BSEEDC, Speakers Assembly
- Social Media Implementation, All Brands
- Photo Management
- Young Professionals Event Planning and Marketing Implementation
- Communications Report Data Collection and Updates, Press Clippings
- Year End Sponsorship Reports for IFS Partners – Research and Collection
- Survey Development & Distribution
- Speakers Assembly Newsletter Creation & Distribution
- Speakers Assembly Website Management
- Special Event Video/PowerPoint creation
- Blog article creation/management
- Plan and implementation including (but not limited to) the following events: Business Before Business, Business After Hours, New Member Orientations, Candidate Forums, Volunteer Appreciation events.
- Two – five years experience in communications, marketing, event planning and/or volunteer management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis in communications, marketing or business.
- Proven ability to handle projects that require critical thinking, public relations and media relations.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and research abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, website development and graphic design.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, executives and members.
- Must possess exemplary time management skills, have a high level of motivation and be a self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high degree of professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
Send cover letter, resume and three marketing samples to Cindy@BonitaSpringsChamber.com.
About the Chamber
The Five-Star nationally accredited Bonita Springs Area Chamber of Commerce strives to serve members, promote an environment where business can grow and prosper and enhance the quality of life of the Bonita Springs area.
We are a primary resource for local residents, visitors, newcomers, business owners and those considering relocation to this beautiful area! We serve the Southwest Florida region in both Lee and Collier County representing business members doing business in Southwest Florida.
We have been honored by receiving the prestigious Five-Star Accreditation status! This means we have met the highest benchmarks set by the United States Chamber of Commerce. Only 77 chambers across the entire United States, a total of nearly 7,000 chambers, have attained a five-star level of operation. Statistically, we are in the top 1% of all Chambers in the United States! Click here to view the national criteria that must be met to achieve five-star accreditation.
With an energetic and dedicated staff, we live by our mission to serve our members, promote an environment where business can grow and prosper, and enhance the quality of life of the Bonita Springs area.
Our leadership is comprised of an exceptionally strong Board of Directors, which represent a wide spectrum of businesses in our community. New members are offered a broad range of opportunities to get involved in our chamber, including:
- More than 120 Networking Events per year to encourage face-to-face relationship building
- Year-Round professional development and leadership opportunities
- President’s Club networking for Senior Executives
- Regional political and legislative advocacy efforts
- Business exposure through sponsorship opportunities in the Visitors Center, on the website, and at events!