As season winds down, you may have a little more time to think about personal and professional development. To assist you, Gulf Coast Chapter PRSA will schedule several informal round table gatherings with specific topics starting in May. Thanks to Courtney Jolly Goff, director of Marketing and Public Relations at the Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens, for her creative ideas below. Courtney is also this year’s Gulf Coast Chapter PRSA membership chair.
- “In-house design team tips”
- “Monitoring your media coverage/media tracking services” (Courtney is happy to share her successes)
- “Marketing on a Shoe-String Budget”
- “Being prepared for negative news”
- “Market Research – why and how to”
- “Trust, Truth and Transparency – how a successful communications relationship can shape your strategy”
- “Brand Stories and the importance of branding”
- “Earned, owned and paid media”
- “Best of marketing” – a few top professionals in the market share their best campaigns
- “Opportunities missed/lessons learned in marketing/PR”
- “The importance of a brand guide and best practices to create one”
Let us know which of these ideas you like, whether you are willing to host at your company or organization or if you have other thoughts. Send a note to email@example.com or a text to 414.861.3077.
Also, here is a preview for a program designed to help you grow professionally. On June 25, Darcy Eikenberg, a coach, speaker and author, will provide a hands-on workshop, replacing our typical lunch program. Plan to invest a few hours attending the “Communicating Your Value (While You’re Communicating Everything Else)” workshop, where you’ll learn how to better understand and talk about your own value at work. You’ll walk away with practical professional strategies you can use on the job immediately.
Julie Pedretti, APR
President, Gulf Coast Chapter PRSA